Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SOCK MONKEY BOOK!!!




I bought Olivia this sock monkey book mainly because I thought it was cute and colorful. (We bought it for Claire for her birthday too.) Well, Olivia is obsessed and ever since we transitioned her to a toddler bed she has been EXTRA obsessed. I read it every night, sometimes twice and she always wants me to read it over and over and over. At this point I literally want to rip out all of the pages, throw them in a metal trash can, add a little gasoline and a match...that is how SICK I am of this book.

I just thought I would let everyone know that Olivia is slowly getting used to her bed. (Not sure anyone actually cares but I thought I'd share anyway.) I bought her a crazy Tinkerbell nightlight that changes colors and told her that if she stays in bed she can keep it in her room. She insisted that I plug it in right by her head. It changes colors so her room looks like a psychedelic rave at night...but as long as she stays in there I really don't care! She stays in her room most of the night, comes in my room around 2 a.m. or 3 a.m. but I can walk her back to her room without a fight. She DOES wake up earlier than ever now...around 5:30 a.m. or so but at that point I let her come into bed with me and she usually sleeps for another hour. Not perfect, but oh well.

She is getting better and better at getting me to go in her room though. For example, somehow she waits to go poop until I put her in her bed fresh from the bath with a clean diaper. She does it almost every night. I'll put her down and then hear her yell, "Mommy I pooped!" She lies about it 50% of the time, but I have to check every time because I can't just let her sleep in her poop. Well, the first time she did this tonight, she didn't have poop. Annoying. But the second time she did. She immediately layed down on the rug by her bed, I changed her diaper and was about to put her back in her bed when I saw about 15 books on her pillow. With the sock monkey book on top of course. I guess she thought if she pooped she could get me back in there to read all of those books. hahahaha. She is so smart, it's crazy. And I swear she can control her bowel movements. (How is that for a crazy 2 year old, Erin?! hahaha.)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Hahaha! Yes! I know we are all going through this right now! Sometimes I just want to rip my hair out and go hide somewhere! And oh my gosh! That freaking sock monkey book. Claire is sooo obsessed with it and loves when I do funny voices for all the characters and she makes me really yodel in that one part. So we love that book but I too am very tired of it. Haha. Thanks for sharing your stories because I DO care what's going on with you guys. And it makes me feel better!

The Indian Summer said...

Personally I love reading these stories ... I think Olivia is AMAZING! and I just think she has such a great personality!! she cracks me up!!!

Anni said...

ahhh, i gotta buy that book! i am obsessed with sock monkeys!

taryn said...

Keep the updates coming, I LOVE hearing about them!!!!!!!!!!! She is so wild.

Krista said...

Where did you get that book?