Thursday, February 12, 2009

little chef

So it looks like I have one serious little chef on my hands. Olivia loves loves loves her kitchen. She also loves sitting on the kitchen counter while I cook dinner. She also loves to pour cups of water into her kitchen sink and then proceed to spill water everywhere. She also loves to make huge messes and when I tell her to "pick that up" she responds, "No, YOU pick it up." hmmm, things are getting interesting.




Also, something interesting happened this morning. It was approx. 7:00 a.m., Dennis and I were both downstairs. Olivia was awake but just chatting it up with her "guys." I go upstairs, Dennis was right behind me, or so I thought. (I didn't close the gate at the top of the stairs because I thought he was coming right behind me.) Anyway...I go get ready for work and the next thing I hear is Dennis running up the stairs. He busts through the bedroom door and yells, "Did you close the gate?" I said, "Didn't you? You were right behind me?!" He said, "No, I was washing her cup! And I heard something on the stairs and guess who was there?" My heart stopped beating at this point as I realized that my worst nightmare had come true. Not only had Olivia climbed out of her crib but she also made it down the stairs!!! For those of you who really know me, you know how scared I am of her falling out of her crib or down those damn stairs. Well, if I dwell on all of the bad things that could have happened (for example: her falling down the stairs and landing on her head, crushing her skull on the tile, dying instantly) I will go crazy. So I'm letting it go. What's crazy to me though is how stealth-like she was...climbing out of the crib not even making a peep the whole time. Sneaky little Livi.

Looks like the toddler bed is in our very near future.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh my! I think we might all be dealing with the terrible twos!!! Aren't they awful?! Claire basically hates me. Haha. She yells at me, kicks me, hits me. She's wild. I love that Olivia is such a little cook. Cute kitchen! Haha. And yes maybe it's time for a toddler bed. Let us know how that goes.