Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter 2009

Easter was amazing this year. I'm so happy we got to spend Saturday with friends and Sunday with family. It was a perfect balance. I hope that happens again next year. Saturday, we attended an Easter egg hunt at the Stumph residence. The kids were ALL so adorable. Olivia got to experience her first "real" Easter egg hunt. I thought she would have no clue what to do, but she started running around looking for eggs like a pro. She became a little attached to her basket though. She wouldn't even let me hold it for her when it was obviously too heavy for her to carry. The candy feast began soon after. Her favorite Easter candy this year: Rolos and jelly beans...oh and Pop Rocks (I put them in her Easter basket.) After the egg hunt, the kiddies got the incredible opportunity to ride a miniature pony! I was sooooooo excited for this. But when it was Olivia's turn she was too scared to ride him! Sad!! I'm glad Shaun got a picture of it though.





Sunday morning, I was so excited for Olivia and Dennis to open their baskets. Olivia got caught up in all the candy of course. She had like 5 Rolos in a row before I made her stop! She was sneaky with those. I LOVE Easter baskets. I remember every year my mom would make me, my brother and sister the most amazing baskets. They were color coordinated. Mine was all purple of course. She would even get us these fancy truffle eggs that were personalized with our names on them. Well, those days are over but at least now I get to have fun with Olivia's. We went over to my parents where she was spoiled beyond belief with a basket bigger than her filled with clothes, toys and mostly tons and tons of Play-doh. We hid eggs for her, they all had Play-doh in them and her excitement afterwards just wasn't the same as the day before. hahaha. We watched The Tale of Despereaux. It's pretty cute, a little on the depressing side though. Olivia took a nap on the couch WITH my mom while my brother and sister FORCED me to watch The Fast and the Furious (the first one.) It was way better than I thought it would be, I have to admit.




2 comments:

wiss said...

her face in that last one!!!! hahahahaha
Maybe this weekend we can watch 2 Fast 2 Furious!

taryn said...

Easter gets funner and funner every year with these little ones, Olvia is so cute and sweet! I love watching her, and her easter dress was adorable, so was her hair!