Sunday, November 2, 2008

DJ Lance, Foofa, and friends!

Olivia got really into Halloween this year. My mom made her a Halloween blankie that she slept with every night, she loved going into stores and seeing all of the scary decorations (especially skeletons for some reason), she yelled "HALLOWEEN!" every time we drove up to my parents because they had this witch flag outside of their house... I guess this year was just extra exciting because she started understanding what Halloween actually is all about...CANDY OF COURSE! She went trick-or-treating for the 1st time and loved it (and we had fun too.)

She dressed up as Foofa from Yo Gabba Gabba! That is her favorite show at the moment. It has been for quite some time. I actually really like the show so I thought I'd take advantage of the fact that she likes it so much before she moves on to something else. My mom and I made her costume. We finished it the morning of Halloween just in time to go visit Papa at work!



We also visited Matt Bandy at work which was really funny because I don't know if she recognized him at all. Usually she says, "Hi Matt!" (She loves him.) But he was the corpse of Walt Disney, hence the blue face paint, and she just stared at him.



Dennis was DJ Lance Rock and Olivia thought it was just the greatest thing to see him dressed up! She wanted to be with him all night. It was the cutest thing! Dennis was reluctant to wear the costume at first but I think once he saw how excited Olivia was he started getting into it!


Ok, how cute are these kids?! Claire was a pretty little bee, Ella was a princess ballerina mouse, and Parker was a precious little golfer!

We went trick-or-treating around Taryn's neighborhood. Some of the houses we went to were decorated really cool! Some people went ALL out with movies projected on their windows, fog machines and gigantic pumpkins!









As the night wore on, Olivia was getting tired so we ended up taking turns carrying her. She made you sweat. She really liked Shaun. She says his name now which he might think is pretty cool!




I got to see Faye for the first time! She didn't miss out on any of the festivities! So cute.


Trick-or-treating with friends was a blast. I am so glad we did it. Next year will be even more fun with even more kids!




This was Olivia on our way home - cracked out on candy! Look at those crazy eyes! hahahaha.

(I apologize for so many pictures but I just couldn't help myself!)

3 comments:

Krista said...

Seriously, next year there will be at least an additional 5 kids (Faye(dressed up and walking), Owen (dressed up and walking), August, Jackson, and baby Mitch & Tara (haha))
I'm glad I stayed and saw everyone. The kids were so cute, such a difference from last year!

Erin said...

Good blog! I loved it! That night was so much fun. All the kids were sooo cute. Next year is going to be wild when they're almost three! I love all the pictures. You didn't overdo it. The more pictures, the better!

Brandy said...

I LOVE that Dennis dressed up! He looked awesome! Olivia looked precious! Oh my gosh...so cute! You and your mom did an amazing job on the costumes!