Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Life is funny sometimes.

It's a girl! Penelope Melissa will be here sometime in November. We're still deciding if VBAC is the way to go for us (I'm actually leaning more toward a repeat c-section for numerous reasons.) If I do have another c-section, Penelope will be born on November 23rd which is also Dennis' birthday! Crazy right??? As exciting as that is, I'm more than a little bummed that there is a very high possibility that I'll be spending Thanksgiving in the hospital. Sad. It'll be ok - my mom already promised me she'll bring me some Tofurky.

On a funnier note, two nights ago Olivia woke up screaming. I asked her what was wrong through our walky-talky monitor (yes we still use it) and all I heard her say between tears was, "My hand is rotten!" Half asleep, I run into her room and she's completely freaking out saying over and over, "My hand is rotten! It's rotten and it won't stop!" Ok, now I start freaking out. I turn on the light and look at her hand. I don't see anything wrong with it. She's bucking like a bronco on her bed at this point and I find myself yelling, "What is WRONG with you?? I don't understand what you're talking about!!" Then she says, "It's TINGLING!!" Oh my word, her hand fell asleep. I tried to tell her her hand is just asleep and she looked at it for a few seconds and said, "No it isn't" with a really confused look on her face. I didn't even attempt to explain it to her. I just sat with her until it felt normal again and she fell right back to sleep.

Memories I will cherish forever...

2 comments:

wiss said...

hahahahahahahahahah I'm cracking up! She is nuts!!!!!

Erin said...

OH MY GOSH!!! That story is hilarious!!!!!!!!

And I'm so excited about Penelope! I love her name! And I love that you'll have two girls. I can't wait to see her.