Monday, August 3, 2009

The Princess & the Potty


Tonight marks a glorious occasion: Olivia went pee in the potty for the first time! Just when I was about to throw in the towel too...seriously. She has gone #2 in the potty about 4 times...but completely at random and only after much coercing and bribing.

Earlier this evening, darling little Olivia had just about the worst fit ever over a pack of Pez I wouldn't let her eat right before dinner. She screamed so loud and for so long that it resulted in me completely losing my cool (and Dennis running downstairs with a really worried look on his face.) After a few minutes of complete chaos, calm returned for long enough for us to eat dinner. Olivia ONLY ate broccoli tonight - no chicken. Oh well. And then a few minutes later, she says, "Mommy, I have to use the potty!" And before I know it, she is peeing like a big girl and I am jumping up and down with joy and calling Dennis into the bathroom to come and look! She got her princess sticker to add to her potty chart and her beloved purple pack of Pez.

Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions!

I know this is just the beginning of the long journey down the potty training road. I just thought I'd share this amazing moment with you all.

:)

No comments: